Your gift makes it possible for us to continue to provide a safe place to provide even more educational and recreational services to even more children for now and into the future! We’re adding on a preschool for 3 and 4-year-olds! Your donation provides a hand-up, not a hand-out.
You can help by becoming a sponsor, by purchasing a room in your name or someone else’s of your choosing or by purchasing a leaf on the children’s giant wall tree which will be permanently displayed in the front lobby of our new building.
Please fill out the information below and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours or less. We thank you in advance…blessings!
Our new building will include:
- Six classrooms, plus a multipurpose room for group activities. We need more space for our children to engage in more educational and fun activities.
- K3 – two classrooms for our 3-year olds. Preschool will be offered for four hours per day.
- K4 (VPK) – two classrooms for our 4-year-olds. VPK is a state-funded program for children 4 years old who will be entering Kindergarten in each upcoming school year. The VPK program is offered at no charge to the parents.
- Wrap Around Care – for children coming before and after our preschool hours.
- Kindergarten – 8th-grade – large room for our older elementary students and middle school students and a smaller size classroom for our younger elementary students.
The main room will include several sections:
- A “Reading Village” for our rapidly growing library. Many children also love reading together in what we call “The Reading Circle”. Our current space can only accommodate 4-5 children comfortably at one time.
- Space for the older children, along with their tutors, when necessary, to do their homework and special projects.
- We will also have an arts and crafts section and also a game section for the students to have multiple educational and recreational activities.
- An updated, more secure building. One of our biggest needs is to have heightened security for our children. We are located in a high-crime area of Ft. Walton Beach according to the Florida Department of Juvenile Justice. We intend to stay in the same general area because the vast majority of our students, who come from low-income, single-parent households, reside in this area. The majority of our children attend 4 local Title One schools, which are schools designated by the Department of Agriculture as having at least 75% of the students in the schools on free or reduced-price lunch. The new building will enable us to have an updated security system for the children, their families, our staff and volunteers as well as visitors. Our partnership with the Okaloosa County Health Department will allow them to present healthy lifestyle/eating sessions to the children and their families.
- We have also partnered with the Okaloosa County School District’s Title IX Program, whereby they pay tuition through a grant for homeless children so that they may attend our summer camps.
#1 NAMING OPPORTUNITY
Naming opportunities for Youth Village new building are available. Please contact Youth Village, Inc. for more information at (850) 582-0549.
# 2 BECOME A SPONSOR
You can become a sponsor for our Capital Campaign by donating any amount to help build Youth Village new facility. Your Capital Campaign donation is tax deductible. For more information on how you or your organization’s name will be recognized for the dollar amounts below email Nellie Bogar at email@example.com
- Sponsorship Levels
- Platinum – $40,000 and up
- Diamond – $20,000 – $39,999
- Ruby – $10,000 – $19,999
- Emerald – $5,000 – $9,999
- Gold – $1,000 – $4,999
- Silver – $500 – $999
- Bronze – $250 – $499
- Friend – up to $249
#3 HELP US GROW OUR VILLAGE
Please make an investment by purchasing a leaf on our tree. There will be a tree that will be displayed on the wall of our new facility in the lobby. Your donation will have your name on a leaf on the tree forever!
We are in need of a facility that will be large enough for our students to flourish and grow, large enough for the services we provide currently and more that is planned for the future, and most importantly, provide a SAFER place for our children, as per our Mission Statement.