WHAT IS YOUTH VILLAGE CHILD CARE FOR HOMESCHOOLERS?
Whether you’ve decided to home-school your child because of COVID-19, or to replace or supplement traditional schooling or for any other reason, Youth Village is here to help you work it out. If you’ve made the choice to home-school your child and you need help, check us out…whether you need drop-in care, once-in-a-while care, or part-time daily care, or almost any other situation, we can help!
WHAT WILL YOUR CHILD DO AT OUR CHILD CARE FOR HOMESCHOOLERS PROGRAM?
We will offer time for your child to do their online work on our computers or they can bring their own laptops. We will also offer homework/computer assistance, arts & crafts, morning and afternoon snacks, outdoor play and so much more!
WHAT ARE YOUR GUIDELINES FOR KEEPING THE KIDS’ RISKS DOWN FOR EXPOSURE TO COVID-19?
We are in the process of writing up guidelines and procedures to ensure that we open up our center as safely as possible. Some of our guidelines we will put into place include:
- All children and parents will be required to do a temperature check before entering the building.
- When parents drop their children off they will not be allowed to go past the foyer. A teacher will walk the child to their classroom.
- No child will switch classrooms. They will remain in their classroom for the day.
- Only one class at a time in our playgrounds. Teachers and staff will clean play equipment before the next class goes to the playground
- All classrooms will remain small and we will not be at full capacity until further notice.
Please keep in mind, this is not all of our guidelines, we will have more. Please fill out the pre-registration form on this page to receive weekly up-to-date information about our progress via our newsletter.
WHO CAN ATTEND OUR CHILD CARE FOR HOMESCHOOLERS PROGRAM?
Any child in Okaloosa County who has signed up doing mySchool Online, Florida Virtual Schools, or any other homeschooling program that are in grades K – 8.
WILL YOU OFFER FULL-TIME, PART-TIME, AND DROP-IN CARE?
Yes, we will offer all three! There is different pricing for all three.
HOW MUCH WILL THIS PROGRAM COST?
Registration fee – $50 per child
Part-time – is less than 4 hours a day at $55 per week
Full-time – 4 hours or more a day at $110 per week
Drop-In – $25 per day
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR THE CHILD CARE FOR HOMESCHOOLERS PROGRAM?
You can pre-register now! Simply fill out the Childcare for Homeschoolers form below and someone will contact you so we can chat.